Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Had some left over bbq chicken was looking for different recipe This came from a local tv show called "COOKING WITH AMY" Loved It! I did ad a 1/2 box of cooked rotini noodles because it seemed like it needed some substance like this or rice. Was kind of worried about the cumin and chili powder amount I like spicy but not overly and it was just right!
- 4 chicken breasts or 1 whole cut-up chicken, cooked, boned and shredded
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 283.49 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 283.49 g can cream of chicken soup
- 396.89 g can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 (226.79 g) can diced green chilies
- 473.18 ml sour cream
- 236.59 ml chicken stock
- 9.85 ml chili powder
- 9.85 ml cumin
- 326.01 g bag Doritos, slightly crushed
- 473.18-709.77 ml of shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a skillet melt butter and cook onion and green pepper until they start to get soft. Add garlic to the pan and cook another 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Season veggies with a little salt and pepper. In a big bowl whisk together, tomatoes, green chiles, both cans of soup, stock, sour cream chili powder, and cumin until smooth. Stir in shredded chicken. Spray a 9" X 13" inch casserole dish with cooking spray. Place a half of the crushed chips on the bottom of the pan. Next spoon the chicken mixture over the top. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top and then the remaining Doritos. Bake uncovered 30 to 45 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
The absolute best recipe for Kings Ranch Casserole!