Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is an easy to fix, flavorful chicken dish. I am not ordinarily fond of recipes with canned pineapple, but the chutney & mustard combine well with the pineapple.
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut into serving pieces (or substitue an equivalent amount of breasts or thighs)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup mustard
- 1⁄2 cup chopped chutney
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional)
- Place chicken skin side up in a shallow 2 quart casserole& sprinkle with salt.
- Mix together all other ingredients& spoonover chicken.
- Bake uncovered at 350F for one hour and 15 minutes.
Delicious, I cooked the chicken whole with the sauce drizzled over the top. It turned the chicken into a golden, recipe book, picture perfect bird. I then shredded the chicken and served over roasted veggies. Thanks for introducing me to chutney and a new flavor combo.
Easy and tasty, what more can you ask. The pecans add a nice flavor and texture to the dish. I used 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. The can of crushed pineapple has now shrunk to 8 oz, so that is what I used along with a mango chutney. The mustard was a coarse-grained variety. And the dish looked horrible but cleanup was fairly easy. Thanks for a keeper.