1/2 Photos of King Arthur Chewy Coconut Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Coconut lovers rejoice! This moist, chewy cookie combines coconut dough with flaked or shredded coconut and chocolate chunks, for an irresistible grown-up take on a chocolate chip cookie. I got this recipe from an email from King Arthur Flour and as I love all of their recipes, and specially love coconut and chocolate - this has got to be a winner. UPDATE: Finally made these and so glad I did - they don't flatten out and turn hard like so many of my cookies and the taste is very rich so one goes a long way. I think next time I'll add walnuts to make it even better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, unsalted, 1 1/2 sticks
- 1/2 cup coconut milk powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut, large flake
- 1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F Lightly grease two baking sheets, or line with parchment paper.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, coconut milk powder and sugars. Stir the coconut milk powder through a strainer as you add it to the mixing bowl, to take out any lumps.
- 3Beat in the egg, corn syrup, and coconut flavor. Scrape the sides and bottom of the mixing bowl, and beat for another 30 seconds to make sure everything is evenly combined.
- 4Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder; beat into the butter mixture until evenly combined.
- 5Mix in the coconut and chocolate chips or chunks.
- 6Scoop by the tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheets, and bake for 9 to 11 minutes. A tablespoon cookie scoop works well here.
- 7Bake just until the edges of the cookies are a light golden brown. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to finish cooling completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for King Arthur Chewy Coconut Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.4
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 13.8 mg
- Sodium 101.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coconut milk powder