Recipe by ckimberlycook
This is the way I usually make my roast. It is easy and certainly tastes as though I slaved in a hot kitchen. I hope that you enjoy this as much as my family does. Bon Appetit!
Top Review by *Parsley*
Very good! I put baby potatoes and baby carrots right in with the roast and I had a full meal in the crockpot. I only had 1 cup of red wine so I made up the other 1/2 cup with beef broth. The meat was tender and yummy. Thanx for posting!
- 2 -3 lbs blade roast
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 1⁄2 cups red wine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine all of your spices.
- Place the roast in the bowl and fully coat the roast with the spices (you may wish to do this step in a large plastic bag).
- Place the roast in your crock.
- Add the one bouillion cube to the crock along with the bay leaf.
- Add the water and the wine.
- Set the crock pot on high for about 4 hours. Depending on your crock pot, the length of time may vary.
- Use the flavouful drippings to make gravy and voila! The main dish is served!