Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This was another top recipe from our class cookbook, we did this cookbook last year to raise money for the tsunami appeal, we raised a lot of money with this, I hope you enjoy it.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8 3/4 x 13 1/2-inch glass or metal pan with a large piece of aluminum foil, smoothing it into the corners.
- Butter the foil with extra butter.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with the sugar.
- Stir in melted chocolate.
- Add vanilla.
- Then add eggs, beating until blended.
- In another bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Add walnuts and all the bits into the bowl.
- Scrape the flour, nuts and bits into the butter bowl, and stir with a wooden spoon just until all the ingredients are mixed.
- Do not overbeat.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan, holding the foil so that it does not move.
- Place the pan in the middle of the oven and bake until toothpick inserted to in the center comes out clean--about 50 minutes.
- Remove pan and let it stand for 1 hour.
- Then cover the pan with foil and place it in your freezer for at least 1- 1 1/2 hours or in your refrigerator overnight.
- Turn the cooled brownies out onto clean workspace, lift off the foil and cut into 32 squares.
- Store in fridge or the freezer in an airtight tin.