Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This was another top recipe from our class cookbook, we did this cookbook last year to raise money for the tsunami appeal, we raised a lot of money with this, I hope you enjoy it.
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate
- 2 cups milk chocolate
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8 3/4 x 13 1/2-inch glass or metal pan with a large piece of aluminum foil, smoothing it into the corners.
- Butter the foil with extra butter.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with the sugar.
- Stir in melted chocolate.
- Add vanilla.
- Then add eggs, beating until blended.
- In another bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Add walnuts and all the bits into the bowl.
- Scrape the flour, nuts and bits into the butter bowl, and stir with a wooden spoon just until all the ingredients are mixed.
- Do not overbeat.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan, holding the foil so that it does not move.
- Place the pan in the middle of the oven and bake until toothpick inserted to in the center comes out clean--about 50 minutes.
- Remove pan and let it stand for 1 hour.
- Then cover the pan with foil and place it in your freezer for at least 1- 1 1/2 hours or in your refrigerator overnight.
- Turn the cooled brownies out onto clean workspace, lift off the foil and cut into 32 squares.
- Store in fridge or the freezer in an airtight tin.