Recipe by IngridH
There are many, many recipes for Sangria to choose from, depending on what you like in your glass. My husband has been making this one for years, in fact we served it at our wedding reception! As for the name- well, if you don't watch how much of this you drink, you'll understand the name the next morning. Don't use high end wine or brandy for this, any subtle flavors will be lost. Cook time is resting time in the fridge.
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine
- 1⁄2 cup triple sec
- 1 cup brandy
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen juice concentrate, thawed (we like Hawaii's Own brand- orange mango flavor)
- 1 cup berries, frozen (I like strawberries and blueberries)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pitcher, combine all ingredients except for the fruit.
- Refrigerate, stirring once a day for three days.
- On the third day, taste the Sangria. If it seems too sweet, add more brandy. If it seems too tart, add a little triple-sec.
- To serve, pour into wine glasses, and add a bit of frozen fruit to each glass.