Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here it is, the first of my Killer recipes. I stole the brownie part from the unsweetened chocolate box, the rest is refinement. Try the peanut butter one too!
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 bags white chocolate chips
- 24 Hershey's Hugs chocolates
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler over low heat (or microwave for 2 minutes and stir until all is melted).
- Add sugar, stir til well blended.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in flour until well blended.
- Spread in a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs.
- Toward the last few minutes of baking, melt the white chocolate in a double boiler.
- Start with 1 whole bag, keep the other half a bag in reserve.
- If you want to do this step by microwave, all I can say is, good luck, microwave every 30 seconds and stir, repeat until melted.
- Don't overdo it or the white chocolate becomes grainy.
- Take out the brownies, let cool a couple minutes and carefully, gently spread the white chocolate over the top (don't be too rough, you'll pull up patches of brownie).
- While still warm, Place the hugs in a 4 x 6 grid (or do 4 x 3 if you want really big brownies), going the way of the long rows.
- As each row is finished, go back and, while GENTLY pressing on the hug, twist it.
- It will melt into a spiral shape.
- Leave a little peak at the top.
- Allow to cool.
- When the white chocolate has set a little, but not until it has completely cooled, cut the brownies with a sharp knife.