Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Warm crusty bread and a salad....Dinner is served. This is true comfort food.
- 1 lb kielbasa, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 small white onions, peeled
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 4 medium carrots, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 1 teaspoon marjoram or 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 -3 cups water, plus 1 tbs
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- salt and pepper
- In a 5 qt dutch over cook sausage pieces over med heat until browned on all sides, turning frequently.
- Transfer to paper towel lined plate to drain with a slotted spoon, set aside.
- Add onions, potatoes and carrots to the drippings.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until they are lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Return the sausage to the pan, add the spices and add the 2 cups water.
- Turn heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low, cover and cook until potatoes and carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Mix 1 TBS water and cornstarch until smooth.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture and frozen veggies into the sausage mixture.
- Increase heat to high and boil again stirring constantly.
- Continue to cook 5 minutes or until frozen veggies are tender.
- Discard the bay leaf and serve.
This is an EXCELLENT dish. The only thing I did different was to thicken the stew first, then add the frozen veggies.