Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a dish that I have prepared without writing down. So that last time I made it I wrote it down to share. We like breakfast for dinner and this makes a hearty meal for the two of us.
- 1 -2 tablespoon canola oil (can use butter)
- 2 medium potatoes, sliced to your desire thickness
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic (can use less (or more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (can use more or less)
- 8 ounces kielbasa, sliced into bite size (beef or pork)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon water
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Heat oil or butter in large skillet (I use my iron skillet).
- Add potatoes slices and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add onion slices and stir. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, red pepper flakes and Kielbasa.
- Continue to cook until potatoes are browned, stir occasionally. Cooking time will depend on how thick you sliced your potatoes.
- Beat eggs with sour cream and water.
- Add to pan over Kielbasa and potato mixture.
- Cook and stir until eggs are fluffy and cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Very tasty! I make something similar with just the sausage and potatoes, but adding the eggs makes it a great breakfast dish; or as we had it, 'breakfast for dinner'. I left out the red pepper flakes cause we do not like the heat and seasoned with seasoning salt and pepper. Made for Best of 2012 Cookbook Tag.
We really enjoyed this recipe. I made it just as posted except I left out the garlic. It would be good with cheese added at the end. Made for Zaar Cookbook cooing tag game.
Very tasty. Changed a couple items, substituted yogurt for sour cream and hashbrowns (actually frozen french fries) for the potatoe. Cut back the red pepper a tiny bit. We love garlic but I think I'd cut it back a touch next time also.