photo by BakinBaby
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups cooked bacon, crumbled
- 16 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In large skillet, saute half of the peppers, onion and mushrooms in 1 teaspoon oil until tender.
- Add half of the ham and potatoes, saute 2-3 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the eggs, sour cream, milk, onion salt, garlic salt and pepper.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- Pour half over vegetable mixture, cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set.
- Sprinkle 1 cup cheese.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Enjoyed the recipe, however, we needed to adjust a couple things. We don't use much salt so cut back seeing as how there were 2 salt based spices. Next time I'd either cut back more in the onion salt or sub in garlic powder for the garlic salt. Also, I didn't want to use regular potatoe so I used frozen hashbrowns (thawed) instead. We liked it & found it very filling.
Made this for three of us for a late breakfast!! I used a large leftover baked potato that I saved from the other night and all the other ingredients as written except the green pepper as we didn't have it on hand. What a great filling and flavorful breakfast/lunch for a Sunday!! Thanks for sharing Lainey!! Made for Gimme 5 Tag!!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!