Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Layers of thinly sliced potatoes are covered in butter and seasonings and topped with a blanket of kielbasa. It takes almost no time to prepare if you use a mandolin to slice the potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Using mandolin, slice potatoes and place in 11x13 baking dish or pan.
- Mince onion finely and scatter throughout the potatoes. Add as much garlic as you want. I tend to use a heaping tbs of the jarred minced garlic. lay a few pats of butter or margarine on top of the potatoes/onion mixture.
- Next cut kielbasa into bite-size pieces and completely cover the bottom layer. You may have to overlap some of the pieces.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove foil and continue baking.
Super easy and tasty dish. I'm going to try it with scrambled eggs next time... great for breakfast.
Have made this several times now. We love it! Its so simple to make at the end of a long day. We use a lot of garlic, probably close to 6 cloves. Thanks!
Made this for the wife and myself yesterday. It was good but lacked some zing. It might have been the brand of kielbasa we used. Next time I will increase the garlic and add some spices such as cayenne, salt, black pepper and maybe some rosemary. All the same a good recipe.