Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was in a magazine I get from my utility company about "down home" foods and I thought it looked really good!
- 2 cups canned kidney beans
- 1⁄2 cup diced pickle (sweet or dill relish works well)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 eggs, hard-boiled and sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- Drain beans well.
- Mix together beans, pickles, onion, eggs and seasonings.
- Gently blend in the mayo.
Very much like a potato or egg salad. Loved it. May use a little less mayo next time.
This reminded me of a potato salad. I really enjoyed it. I used a sweet relish and made the recipe as written. thanks for a simple but flavourful recipe.
Just like Grandma's! I have been searching for this recipe for years... Thank you. I adjusted the recipe a little to reduce the fat. I used 3 tablesoons of sour cream in place of the mayo and sugar free Vlasic sweet relish instead of regular. Came out wonerful!