From Manju Malhi 'Brit Spice', makes a delicious side dish with curry or grilled meat and is wonderful in pita bread with a salad and a coriander chutney
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1heat oil in saucepan and add chopped onion and garlic.
- 2fry for 5-6 mins then add chilli.
- 3stir in the turmeric, cumin and coriander followed by salt and garam masala and cook for a minute.
- 4add grated ginger and fry for a minute then stir in the tomato puree.
- 5add the drained and washed beans and mix well continuing to fry for another minute.
- 6pour in 200 ml water, cover and simmer over very low heat for 3 mins until thickens or oil floats to the surface - pour this off if you wish.
- 7Stir in the butter if you are using it.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kidney Bean Curry
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.5
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 897.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 11.7 g