Recipe by QueenJellyBean
This is a simple pasta salad that is far from the original recipe that my girlfriend and I were given. She has tweaked it one way and I have tweaked it another. The Ro Tel tomatoes make it has a nice spicy kick although not too spicy. This salad is much better the second day so if you can...make it the day before you need it and add a little more mayo if needed before serving.
- 1 lb salad macaroni, cooked and cooled to room temp
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel diced tomatoes with peppers
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, sliced
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, cubed
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- seasoning salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise (more or less depending on texture of salad)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix Rotel tomatoes, olivies, green onion and red onion.
- Add macaroni, cheese cubes and mayo. Sprinkle with seasoning salt and pepper. Mix well.
- When you go to serve it, if it seems sticky or dry add more mayo.
- I have to be honest -- I don't usually measure out the mayo. I just stir it in until it looks right to me. Sometimes I only put red onion and not green or just green and not red. My girlfriend doesn't add the cubed cheese.