1/9 Photos of Key West Key Lime Cake
This recipe comes from Key Lime Cookin' by Joyce LaFray. Key limes are smaller and sweeter than regular limes. If you can't find key limes or key lime juice you may sub regular limes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup key lime juice or 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 key limes, zest of or 1/2 regular lime, zest of
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or grease and flour lightly.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix, water, lime juice, lime zest, jello, vegetable oil and eggs.
- 4With an electric mixer, blend ingredients together until well combined, about 3 minutes.
- 5Pour into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted off center comes out clean.
- 6For the frosting, combine the butter, cream cheese and vanilla with electric mixer.
- 7Add confectioners sugar and blend until smooth and creamy.
- 8Add milk to reach the desired spreading consistency.
- 9Spread frosting over cooled cake and garnish with lime zest.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Key West Key Lime Cake
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 610.1
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 104.2 mg
- Sodium 470.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 64.8 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, zest of
limes, zest of