Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I can't remember where I picked this recipe up. It was just scrawled on a scrap of paper. It may have come from our local Key West paper which often has tasty recipes. We eat a lot of green beans and this is one of our favorites.
- 3 cups fresh green beans
- 4 green onions
- 2 tablespoons szechuan sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup shortening, NOT butter or 1⁄2 cup oil
- Clean & dry green beans. Set aside.
- Dice white portion of green onion very finely, mix with szechuan sauce, soy sauce, minced garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Heat shortening in deep frying pan over medium high heat. When hot, add green beans & cook 6 - 7 minutes.
- Set beans on a separate plate and pour excess grease out of the pan.
- Return green beans to pan & add sauce.
- Mix well & serve.