Key West Shrimp
- Ready In:
- 1 3⁄4 lbs unpeeled large raw shrimp
- 3 (12 ounce) cans beer
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning or 2 tablespoons crab boil seasoning (use powdered crab boil, not liquid)
Key Lime Mustard
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup key lime juice (fresh or bottled)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- To make Key Lime Mustard: add all ingredients to a small bowl; stir well to combine; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To make shrimp: rinse and drain shrimp.
- Add beer and Old Bay seasoning to a large pot; bring to a boil; add shrimp.
- Cook 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain shrimp Serve immediately with Key Lime Mustard.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was SO good! My husband and I demolished the whole 1 1/2 pounds of shrimp between the two of us. We just loved the key lime mustard....such a nice change from cocktail sauce or remoulade. I prepared everything as written and will do it again without changing a thing. Thanks for posting this easy and tasty recipe Di!
My husband and I loved this! I had 24 oz of shrimp and there is enough left for someone to have some for lunch. I loved the sauce. I do not have fat free so we used the real thing. I got the key lime juice in one of those little limes and when I used the 1/4 cup I then needed to add a little more mayo and Dijon. We will be having this again. Thanks for a great easy recipe.
Wow!! This recipe was quick, easy, and really tasty. I limited my portion to seven ounces of raw shrimp for just me, but I can easily see how one could devour a pound or more. Goes great with a cold Corona, which I also used in the boil. Used Old Bay powder. Didn't have key limes (this is Minnesota, and it's 15 below frickin' zero outside), so I used a regular lime and added some lime zest. Thanks, NurseDi.