Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
My husband LOVES Key Lime Pie. After a recent trip to Florida, he got a hankering for some, so luckily I found Kelly's Rich and Creamy Key Lime Pie Kelly's Rich & Creamy Key Lime Pie which is just delicious and easy to make. But DH wanted me to drizzle a key lime sauce over the pie. So here is a recipe I found that, if desired, goes great with Peacefulnightdove's recipe. This would also be good drizzled over bread pudding, among other things.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup key lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup water, plus
- 3 tablespoons water
- In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the 3 tablespoons of water.
- In a small non-aluminum saucepan stir together the sugar, the lime juice and 1/4 cup of water. Bring to a boil over moderate heat to dissolve the sugar.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture and boil, stirring, for about 30 seconds or until the lime sauce thickens.
This is exactly what I was looking for! At first the cornstarch turned me off a bit so I continued searching for another recipe, but since none was to be found I tried this one. And it turned out perfect! I drizzled it over vanilla ice cream and topped with ground pecans and crushed graham crackers for a key lime pie-like dessert. Very limey, perfect sweetness and consistency. Thanks so much!
Wow, this stuff is LIMEY. Dh loved it on key lime pudding, but he's a lime addict the way I'm a chocoholic. If you're into lime, this one's for you.
I've been craving a sauce like this for a loooong time, I'm so glad I found it here =) I used freshly squeezed key lime juice and added about half a tablespoon more of cornstarch to make the sauce a little thicker. I also added a drop of green food colouring and some cubes of Nata De Coco... It's SO good, I used it as a topping for vanilla ice cream, it's PERFECT for it! Thank you!