Prep 1 hr
Cook 24 mins
In ‘Williams-Sonoma: Dessert of the Day’
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 7 large egg yolks
- 4 teaspoons finely grated key lime zest
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup fresh key lime juice, strained
- whipped cream
- To make the crust, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, stir together the crumbs, melted butter, and sugar until evenly moistened.
- Pat the crumb mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom and all the way up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan or dish.
- Bake until the crust is firm, 5-7 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, and lime zest until well mixed, about 1 minute.
- Add the condensed milk and then the lime juice, whisking well after each addition.
- Pour the filling into the crust.
- Bake until the filling is firm in the center, 20-24 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let the pie cool completely.
- Refrigerate until chilled and firm, 2-3 hours.
- Before serving, spread the top of the pie with a thick layer of whipped cream; serve.