Recipe by SusieNYC
Very easy to make and has a nice balence of tart and sweetness. Great for end of meal or on a summer afternoon. Hasn't failed yet each time I make it!
- 9 inches graham cracker crust
- 8 ounces temp-tee cream cheese (any whipped cream cheese will do)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 4 -6 limes, juice of (needed for 1/2 cup lime juice)
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 teaspoons lime Jell-O gelatin (optional)
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 8 slices fresh limes (very small slivers)
- 1 cup fresh whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the cream cheese in a large metal or ceramic mixing bowl and whip it with a hand mixer for 1 minute.
- Once the cream cheese has smoothed out, incorporate the condensed milk; blend together.
- Next add the half cup of lime juice; blend.
- Add the 3 egg yolks; blend.
- Add the lime Jello and the lime zest.
- Blend all ingredients together very well, then pour into center of graham cracker crust.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit on countertop for 15 minutes to cool down.
- Decorate the top of the pie with the very small slivers of lime sections.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours to cool.
- Cut into 8 slices and serve with a dollop of whipped cream beside each serving.