Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Nothing better to beat those dog days of summer. Cool & creamy (and easy as pie)
- 1 3⁄4 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons key lime juice
- 1 9 inch prepared graham cracker pie crust
- sweetened whipped cream or Cool Whip
- 1 fresh lime, sliced
- Preheat oven to 250-degrees.
- Combine milk and egg yolks in a blender on low speed.
- Slowly add lime juice, mixing until blended.
- Pour into pie shell and bake 20 minutes.
- Let cool and refrigerate.
- Top with whipped cream& lime slices.
This recipe gets 5 stars because it's easy, tastes great and is easily adapted to low fat. After wading through tons of key lime pie recipes, I think this is the only one I'll need. I used fat free condensed milk and no one could tell the difference. For the crust, I used 1 cup crushed Nilla Wafers, a tablespoon butter and 2 tablespoons brown sugar. The cookie crust went nicely with the lime. One suggestion. I read that adding a dash of citric acid ("sour salt") to the pie filling before cooking added a note of tartness. If you like to pucker a little bit when tasting key lime pie, then you may want to give the citric acid a try.
This is the perfect summer pie. Cool, creamy and a great lime favor. Also easy to make. If you are a lime lover, you really need to check this out. My family gave it a resounding thumbs up. Thanks Cher in Texas. This was a delightful treat.
Again, another summer must have! So very easy to make and soooo very smooth. We all really enjoyed this pie and look forward to making a few more this summer!