Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This cheesecake is cool, creamy, and slightly tangy. It is the perfect dessert to serve after a spicy meal. It is really the perfect dessert to serve after any meal! Key lime juice can be found bottled in the grocery store.
- 1 3⁄4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons key lime juice
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix vanilla wafer crumbs and butter together.
- Press crumbs onto bottom and halfway up the sides of a greased 8-inch springform pan.
- Bake crust for 5 minutes, then set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar, beating until smooth.
- Add vanilla and key lime juice and beat well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined after each egg.
- Gently mix in sour cream.
- Pour into a greased springform pan.
- Bake at 350°F for about 40-45 minutes (cheesecake should still jiggle a little in center).
- Turn off oven and leave cheesecake undisturbed for 30 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and cool to room temperature on wire rack.
- Refrigerate several hours before serving.
Excellent! I loved the cooking method. I think the 30 minutes in the off oven made it turn out perfectly. I did not have any problem with cracking, as I have in the past with cheesecakes. Overall, great recipe.
The first key lime cheescake I've ever tasted was about a month ago and I've been searching for the recipe ever since... and I'm happy to say that I think I've found it!! This was a great recipe. Thanks! I'll be sharing this with a bunch of my friends.
Yummy! Had to scrape last tablespoon of sour cream out of container, but still turned out great. Don't have a springform pan; used ready-made 9" graham cracker crust and it almost overflowed. Will definitely be buying one so I can make this again, and other cheesecakes as well! Thank you.