Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one of my easiest (and most sinfully delicious!) cheesecakes, and it freezes well.
- 1 cup chocolate cookie crumb (Nabisco has them boxed)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup key lime juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 16 ounces sour cream
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 C).
- Mix cookie crumbs with melted butter and press into bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Chill.
- Using a blender, beat together eggs and 1 cup of sugar; add key lime juice, vanilla and cream cheese, mixing well.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 50 minutes or until top is set. Allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, mix together sour cream and 1/4 cup remaining sugar. Spoon over top of cooled cake.
- Return to the 300 degree F (150 C) oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Chill cheesecake overnight before removing from pan. If you wish, decorate with grated fresh lime.
I made this cheesecake for a birthday dinner dessert.I followed the directions and ingredients,but I'm sorry Dojemi it wasn't what I was hoping for...I just thought it was too tangy, I thought it needed more sugar or something.