1/2 Photos of Kevs Chili
Heather in Utsunomiya,Japan's Note:
My husbands chili recipe, created after several tries and various iterations of other recipes, we found this one to have a nice flavor and just the right amount of heat. We recommend using the Paul P. chili powders but of course you can use your own combinations of what you have on hand. A blend of various chili flavors in not overwhelming amounts seems to be the key to a spicy yet palatable chili.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs beef (Use Whole cuts like roast, Flank or Round steak)
- 1 lb pork (Use Whole cuts like roast, chops or rib meat)
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 6 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 6 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth or 2 cups beef consomme
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (Like Tabasco or Durkee Redhot)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons coarse salt
- 5 tablespoons chili powder (Generic)
- 1 teaspoon arbol chili powder, I use Paul Prudhommes
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder, I use Paul Prudhommes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can lager beer, No Light beer, No Dark Beer
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1Chop the meats, we use a food processor for a coarse chop. Better meats yield better chili.
- 2Brown the meats with a bit of salt and pepper.
- 3Chop and Dice all vegetables in a food processor.
- 4Combine all above ingredients into large sauce pan or slow cooker. I use a large Crockpot.
- 5Slow cook covered 10-12 Hours on Low Heat.
- 6My Teaspoons and Tablespoons are usually heaping.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kevs Chili
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 686.9
- Calories from Fat 524
- Total Fat 58.2 g
- Saturated Fat 23.6 g
- Cholesterol 106.6 mg
- Sodium 2550.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 20.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
arbol chili powder