Recipe by ChamoritaMomma
I found this recipe somewhere on the internet.
Top Review by Kristina T.
This is the best sugar cookie reccipe ever! I've made these for the past 7 years and they are a favorite in our family. My son loves them and I always make sure I give him his own cookie tin of them on Christmas or anytime I make them. I sprinkle the cookies with decorator's sugar, right out of the oven. As a note to the reviewer, who gave this recipe 3 stars, you have to make sure you cream the oil, butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla really well. Make sure everything is measured carefully. I've done this recipe with 3/4 cup of oil (canola works well) and the cookies still turn out great. If you add just a tad over a cup, you will get an oily cookie.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients; flour, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar; set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, beat the butter and oil. Gradually add in both the sugars until thoroughly combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla.
- Add gradually to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet; bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove from pan onto cooling rack. Makes about 9 dozen.