Kentucky Derby Cookies
photo by Chef String Bean
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon kentucky Bourbon (optional)
- For the Cookies: Mix margarine, sugars, and egg. Stir in flour and baking soda. Mix until crumbly.
- For the Filling: Beat eggs with cooled butter. Add flour and sugar. Beat until mixed well. Stir in pecans, chocolate, and bourbon.
- Making the Cookies: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a muffin pan with a non-stick cooking spray. Place a thin layer of the cookie dough in the bottom of each individual muffin cup. Press the dough so it becomes a “Pie Crust”. Add in the filling so that it comes up to fill about half of each individual muffin cup. Press the filling down lightly with a spoon so it settles in the pan. Place another thin layer of cookie dough on top of the filling so it becomes a lid. Bake approximately 12 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes. Loosen edges of cookies by working a knife around the inside of each individual muffin cup. Invert muffin pan onto cookie sheet to remove cookies. While still warm, press cookies down to flatten into a traditional cookie shape. Serve and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!