Mrs. Fields Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
photo by internetnut
- Ready In:
3 dozen cookies
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon for topping. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, soda and salt. Mix well with a whire whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend sugars with an electric mixer set at medium speed. Add the butter and mix to form a grainy paste. Scrape sides of bowl, then add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture and blend at low speed just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll each ball in cinnamon-sugar topping.
- Place onto ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Immediately transfer cookies with a spatula to a cool, flat surface.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I gave this recipe 3 stars. My family liked these cookies especially my newphes 5 & 7 yrs old. They goobled these right down. I wasn't crazy over the butter taste these cookies had. I was hoping these were more like a snickerdoodle without the cream of tartar, but the butter just over powered the cinnamon/sugar taste. When I made these cookies I made a few minor changes to the recipe. I used Splenda for the sugar/cinnamon as I find they go together really nicely. I used Splenda brown sugar and Splenda sugar blend (for the white sugar). I did also add 1 scoop of plain protein powder. The first day I made these cookies they turned out very soft and chewy. I refrigerated the dough for a couple of days and the cookies rolled pretty good but they seemed to get really hard when baked. Overall these were good flavored cookies that I'll make again. Thanks for posting a good recipe. Christine (internetnut)