Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This recipe was given to me by my mother-in-law and is my husband's favorite pound cake.
- 2 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together self-rising flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Add egg yolks, pineapple, oil and water.
- Mix well.
- Fold in egg whites and nuts.
- Pour into floured and greased bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Cool and remove from pan.
- Glaze: Combine butter, brown sugar and milk in saucepan.
- Bring to boil.
- Remove from heat and let cool 2 minutes.
- Brush over cooled cake.