Recipe by ladyautumn
I picked this recipe up a long time ago when I lived in Kentucky. A friend of mine used to make it all the time. It is easy, fast, and delicious!!! Great for potlucks, holiday dinners, when you have guests, or picnics. I even have to make this for Christmas and birthday gifts every year or I am in big trouble. lol.... Very RICH pie.
- 1 frozen 9-inch deep dish pie shell
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pie shell for 5 minutes at 325 degrees.
- While pie shell is cooking, mix all the ingredients together.
- Take pie shell out of oven and place mixture into it.
- Cook for 35-45 minutes, until middle is firm and top "cracks".
- Note: The more melted the butter the faster the chocolate chips will melt in the mixture and the darker the pie will be. If you want a lighter pie don't melt the butter as much. Also, you can use 3 oz. chocolate chips and 3 oz. of peanut butter chips instead of 6 oz.of chocolate chips for a different taste. Walnuts work just as well as pecans.