Prep 3 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe is posted by request and was found on the net. No name was attached.
- 1 cup cold water
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 (10 ounce) cansfranco american beef gravy
- 1 pinch ground sage
- In a blender combine the cold water and cornstarch.
- Blend until very smooth.
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat combine the remaining ingredients and the cornstarch mixture.
- Whisk until thick, clear and hot.
This is close but not as excellent as KFC, however it is very good overall. I wish to note that CAMPBELLS & Franco-American are exactly the same gravy made in the same factory for those of you who can not find the Franco brand.
I've been trying to duplicate the KFC chicken gravy for 20 years and am grateful for having found this recipe. In short, this gravy rocks! I used both homemade chicken broth and beef gravy and couldn't be more pleased with results. It tastes almost exactly like the Colonel's! Using homemade ingredients also helps to control the salt content. The only addition I made was to add a smidgen of MSG to further enhance the flavor. I would rate this gravy ten stars if I could.
This is pretty good. I add a bit of garlic powder to zip up the flavor.Not exactky like KFC but decent.