This brings the humble grits to a new level! Easy and delicious! Recipe adapted from Kathy Cary/Drew Nieporent via Food Network.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Grease a 2 quart souffle dish well and sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the cheese around the sides and bottom of the dish.
- 3Cook the grits in the milk with the salt until done. Add the pepper, cayenne, butter, cheese, and egg yolks to the grits. Stir well and let cool.
- 4Whip the egg whites until stiff and carefully fold into the grits mixture.
- 5Pour into the prepared souffle dish and bake for 20 to 30 minutes. Serve right away!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kentucky Creamy Cheddar Grits Souffle
Serving Size: 1 (1566 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.5
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 224.2 mg
- Sodium 740.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 16.6 g