1/2 Photos of Kentucky Butter Cake
1 hr 30 mins
Buttery and moist cake with a nice butter sauce.
My Private Note
ten inc ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 2Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- 3In a large bowl, mix the flour, 2 cups sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- 4Blend in buttermilk, 1 cup of butter, 2 teaspoons of vanilla and 4 eggs.
- 5Beat for 3 minutes at medium speed.
- 6Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 7Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- 8Prick holes in the still warm cake.
- 9Slowly pour sauce over cake.
- 10Let cake cool before removing from pan.
- 11To Make Butter Sauce: In a saucepan combine the remaining 3/4 cups sugar, 1/3 cup butter, 2 teaspoons vanilla, and the water.
- 12Cook over medium heat, until fully melted and combined, but do not boil.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kentucky Butter Cake
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.1
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 117.0 mg
- Sodium 502.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 47.0 g
- Protein 6.2 g