Buttery and moist cake with a nice butter sauce.
Make and share this Kentucky Butter Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, 2 cups sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Blend in buttermilk, 1 cup of butter, 2 teaspoons of vanilla and 4 eggs.
- Beat for 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Prick holes in the still warm cake.
- Slowly pour sauce over cake.
- Let cake cool before removing from pan.
- To Make Butter Sauce: In a saucepan combine the remaining 3/4 cups sugar, 1/3 cup butter, 2 teaspoons vanilla, and the water.
- Cook over medium heat, until fully melted and combined, but do not boil.