Recipe by Babybuttons
This recipe came from a cousin who lived in the "Kensington" section of Philadelphia, PA, which has a high German population. It can be bitter but it is really good. So i hope you enjoy. This can be served HOT or COLD!
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked diced potatoes, lightly salted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan cook diced bacon until very crisp.
- Remove bacon and discard fat.
- In a bowl beat together water, vinegar, and egg (be sure the egg is completely beaten into the water and vinegar to avoid scrambling).
- Bring to a boil in the some frying pan used to cook the bacon and cook until slightly thick (be sure to scrape the bacon essence into the dressing).
- Remove from the hear and stir in the sugar and celery seed.
- Pour over cooked, drained potatoes and add salt and pepper to taste.