Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
One of the ladies at my in-law's office marinades flank steak and serves it over lettuce as a salad. It is THE BEST salad I've had, hands down. The men put theirs on hoagie rolls and eat it as a sub.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Place flank steak in large shallow dish (or large food storage bag).
- Combine marinade ingredients, stirring well.
- Pour over steak; cover and marinade in refrigerator 8 hours, turning bag or steak occasionally.
- Drain steak, reserving marinade.
- Grill steak to desired degree of doneness, basting often with marinade.
- To serve, slice steak across grain in thin slices.
Great marinade. We used it in tri-tip and added a few cloves of crushed garlic. Yummy!