Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A delicious recipe from Beth Moore's husband, Keith, served annually for their family at Thanksgiving.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel diced tomatoes with peppers
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 12 corn tortillas, cut in fourths
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cook pepper and onion in melted butter until tender. (5 or so minutes.) Add soups, RO*TEL and chicken, stirring until well blended.
- In a 13X9X2-inch baking pan, alternately layer tortillas, soup mixture and cheeses, repeating for three layers.
- Bake 40 minutes or until hot and bubbling.
Yummy! Had a craving for King Ranch Chicken and thought I'd give this a try. A little different than my usual recipe but very good. Only change I made was to cut the tortillas into smaller pieces, 1/6ths. Thanks for sharing your recipe!