Recipe by kathanover
This is really easy takes no time at all to put together and tastes great. This can also be prepared in a slow cooker.
Top Review by Tish
Really good...really meaty. We did this on top of the stove simmered for about 1 1/2 hour. We used some leftover marinated beef strips cut into bite sizes as well as some hot bulk sausage. I also used Ranch Style Beans in place of the Chili Beans. We will definitely make this again!
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 lb steak, cut into cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in skillet. Combine all the ingredients in a large stock pot over medium heat. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer and simmer for 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes (be sure to remove the bay leaf before serving) then serve.
- Serving suggestions: Top with bacon bits and cheese/place over a small amount of cooked pasta or rice.