Member #610488's Note:
This is a traditional Indian recipe offered up by the Culinary Institute of America at Greystone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 prawns, medium peeled deveined
- 300 g onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 4 green chili peppers, chopped
- 40 curry leaves
- 150 ml tomato puree, fresh
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons black pepper, crushed
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 20 curry leaves, fried (garnish)
- 4 lemon wedges (garnish)
- 4 cups cooked long grained basmati rice
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan or wok, add chopped green chile and onions. Stir-fry for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2Add curry leaves, ginger-garlic paste, and the dry spice powders. Stir-fry for a minute.
- 3Pour in the fresh tomato puree and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4Slip in the prawns with 50 milliliters of water and cook for 3 to 4 minutes over high heat. When the liquid has almost evaporated and the prawns are done, serve garnished with fried curry leaves and lemon wedge over 1 cup of cooked rice per person.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Karnataka Style Prawn Pepper Masala
Serving Size: 1 (424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 960.0
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.2 mg
- Sodium 169.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 161.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 21.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: