Recipe by KarenMc
My family love this recipe. I even have several friends who ask for this every year.
Top Review by Grandma Polly
I can't believe I forgot to review this recipe!! I can't give it enough stars! I have been making it for about 2 years. My family loves this and I make it for give it is requested for christmas presents. It is really good in potato salad and I use it in many other things very easy to make.
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 cup cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine zucchini, onion, green and red peppers; sprinkle with salt, cover cold water.
- Let stand 2 hours. Drain: rinse and drain thoroughly.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large saucepot. Bring to a boil.
- Add vegetables: simmer 10 minutes.
- Pack hot relish into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Remove any air bubbles. Adjust 2-piece caps.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.