Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was looking for a vegetarian burrito recipe and none on here sounded like what I was looking for so I made this up tonight. My daughter that does not like beans loved it and my son just had to try them too and loved them.We did not use cheese or anything but you may add if so inclined.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can vegetarian baked beans
- 2 cups corn, frozen
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 -6 tortillas, of choice
- Saute onion and garlic in the olive oil.
- When softened add rotel, black beans, baked beans, and corn.
- Let simmer down to get some of the fluid out for about 15 minutes.
- Put some rice on the tortilla then top with bean mixture and roll.
I enjoyed them and especially liked it was easy to make. Brown rice I bought took an hour to make and came out gummy but that's fixable ;). The overall dish tasted sweet and a little bland even with the Rotel w/ chilies. Hard to find a brand of vegetarian beans that aren't made sweet. Used Heinz...Bush's is like syrup so I avoided that. May just pick different beans (navy or kidney) next time. Thanks Karenbear for sharing!