Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From the local newspaper.
Make and share this Kansas Corn Scallop recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups whole kernel corn
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups saltine crackers, coarsely crushed
- 12 ounces monterey jack cheese, diced
- Combine all ingredients except crackers and diced cheese in large mixing bowl.
- Fold in crackers and cheese.
- Spoon into greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until set.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
OMG - - THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!! The only omission I had was the creamed corn. I substituted 1 extra cup of fresh corn. It was un-believable!!!! Thank you LT for a great recipe - I will definitely make it again and again. PS - - my kids went NUTS over this -- they had friends over and their friends wanted me to send off the recipe to their parents!!!!