Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
I eat this salad at M Cafe de Chaya every time I have a chance; this is my attempt to recreate the recipe here with help from a lot of internet searching- I found a video of the chef making this recipe on a blog. The amounts are very approximate; I haven't tested this at home yet.
- 3 bunches kale
- 1⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup or 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 red onion
- chopped peanuts
- Take the Kale off the stalks and blanch in boiling salted water for 2 minutes.
- Take it out of the boiling water and put it into an ice water bath to stop cooking and keep kale bright green.
- Make the dressing: combine garlic, ginger, salt, brown rice syrup, brown rice vinegar, soy sauce, and cayenne pepper in a blender until smooth.
- If it is too thick, add hot water 1 tbsp at a time until dressing is desired consistency.
- Remove kale from water and drain as much water out as possible. If you want, you can use paper towels to get more water out.
- Toss with the dressing and mix in some red onions sliced very thinly and chopped peanuts.
- There may be some dressing left over- it will keep in the fridge for a few days.
this was VERY good! thanks for posting it stick.