the stick's Note:
I eat this salad at M Cafe de Chaya every time I have a chance; this is my attempt to recreate the recipe here with help from a lot of internet searching- I found a video of the chef making this recipe on a blog. The amounts are very approximate; I haven't tested this at home yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take the Kale off the stalks and blanch in boiling salted water for 2 minutes.
- 2Take it out of the boiling water and put it into an ice water bath to stop cooking and keep kale bright green.
- 3Make the dressing: combine garlic, ginger, salt, brown rice syrup, brown rice vinegar, soy sauce, and cayenne pepper in a blender until smooth.
- 4If it is too thick, add hot water 1 tbsp at a time until dressing is desired consistency.
- 5Remove kale from water and drain as much water out as possible. If you want, you can use paper towels to get more water out.
- 6Toss with the dressing and mix in some red onions sliced very thinly and chopped peanuts.
- 7There may be some dressing left over- it will keep in the fridge for a few days.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kale Salad With Peanut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.7
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 457.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
brown rice syrup
seasoned rice vinegar