Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Commonly eaten soup in Portugal from riverford.co.uk
Make and share this Kale & Chorizo Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 600 g chorizo sausages
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 kg potato
- 200 g chopped kale
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Dice the onion and finely chop the garlic.
- Wash the kale and remove the stems.
- Peel and dice the potatoes.
- Thickly slice the sausage.
- Heat the oil and cook the onion and sausage over a low heat for about 20 minutes until soft.
- Stir in the garlic and potatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the kale leaves and cover with the stock.
- Simmer for 30 minutes adding more stock to keep everything covered.
- Season to taste and serve with crusty bread.
This so great!! My picky husband loved this so much. I drained the sausage and onions after cooking to cut back on the grease and substituted rice for the potatoes because he can't have them on his kidney diet. I also added chopped celery, just because it was in the fridge. Thanks so much for this!
This soup is delicious! I agree with Sackville about the fat, I drained the sausages on a paper towel and poured most of the excess oil out of my pan, leaving just enough to infuse some flavour into the potatoes. The end result was quite pleasing, I love how the bitterness of the kale disappears altogether once it's simmered with the sausages for a while. Crusty bread is an absolute must. Thanks for sharing rg!
this is such a good soup.. i ate it all the time when i lived in spain... it is really yummy if you add chickpeas (garbanzo beans) to it too