Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, roasted and ground
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 4 lbs beef short ribs
- Combine all sauce ingredients.
- Dip each piece of meat in the sauce and layer in a flat dish or pan.
- Pour more marinade on top.
- Marinate 4 hours before grilling over coals or broiling.
This definitely tasted like authentic kalbi. I used brown sugar and found that I needed to add much more to get more of that kalbi flavor and counteract the soysauce, but it was very good and very easy.
Yum. These were so good. Definately a 5 star rating from the whole family.
I could NOT stop eating this! I cut the ingredient list in half and it was perfect for the amount of short ribs that I had. I used a mix of dark and light soy, and it was just perfect. Not too salty, not too sweet. Just a whole lot of deliciousness. Definitely going to make this again. Thank you!