1/2 Photos of Kahlua Coffee Ice Cream
2 hrs 20 mins
Oh Man! Cook & Prep times will be different according to your ice cream maker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, combine the cream, milk, sugar, Kahlua and espresso powder.
- 2Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat.
- 3In a medium bowl, beat the egg yolks until thickened.
- 4Whisk 1 cup of the hot cream into the egg yolks.
- 5Gradually add the egg mixture in a slow, steady stream, to the hot cream.
- 6Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes.
- 7Remove from the heat and strain through a fine mesh strainer into a clean container.
- 8Cover with plastic wrap, pressing down against the surface to keep a skin from forming.
- 9Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 2 hours.
- 10Remove from the refrigerator and pour into the bowl of an ice cream machine. Freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze overnight until very firm.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kahlua Coffee Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.5
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 17.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 1.6 g