Recipe by Khandi Howard
This is Jesse's - my husband's - favorite cake. It is very dense and chocolaty. I use extra Kailua for more Kailua flavor and I add it to the chocolate chips and melt them in the microwave since I don't like hard chocolate pieces in my cake. But if you do want to use the chips, I suggest using the mini-chips.
Top Review by Aussie mum 2_2
Just wanted to update my review, I make this frequently and is LOVED by all but I do change a couple of things, I add apple sauce instead of the oil and I add a bit of coffee instead of the Kahlua sometimes (if I don't have any)it still comes out wonderful, Thank you for the recipe :) I made this for my dads birthday on the weekend and it was gone in minutes, everyone loved it, I didn't melt the chocolate pieces and they were lovely chocolaty bits throughout, will be making this often, my new favorite cake. thanks for the recipe, I will be sharing it :)
- 1 (18 ounce) box fudge cake mix, pudding in the mix type
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box chocolate pudding
- 2 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips (Guittard is the best)
- 1 pint sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all together in order given till well mixed.
- Pour into greased Bundt pan.
- Bake at 340 350 degrees for 50-60 minute Best if slightly underdone.
- You'll get raves.
- *I melt the chocolate chips in the Kailua in the microwave, then stir into cake mix.
- I like this better than having whole chips in the cake.
- I also use more Kailua, up to 1/3 cup more.