Recipe by sassee1
Hot and good
Top Review by QL7
I will never order red curry in a restaurant again! This recipe is excellent. I, fortunately, had some kaffir leaves. If you don't, add some lime juice or grated lime peel. (both are OK substitutes.) Also, use a good brand of fish sauce. This was a little too hot, so I cut the curry down to 2 heaping TBSPs. You'll love it!
- 236.59 ml chicken (in smallish bite sized pieces)
- 118.29 ml coconut milk
- 118.29 ml Japanese eggplant (makhua puang - these are small round eggplants)
- 44.37 ml red curry paste
- 29.58 ml nam pla (fish sauce)
- 14.79 ml sweet basil
- 14.79 ml palm sugar
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (or a little lime zest)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken up, then briefly fry the curry paste until fragrant, reduce the heat, add the coconut milk slowly, and continue to stir while cooking until a thin film of oil apppears on the surface.
- Skim off the oil, and discard it.
- Add the chicken and other ingredients except the eggplant.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the chicken begins to change colour.
- Adjust the flavors to suit yourself.
- When it is at a boil again add the eggplant and continue till thechicken is cooked through.
- Serve with steamed white Jasmine rice.