1/2 Photos of Just the Best Coleslaw 1999
Try this one its very tasty and easy to make. Recipe can be doubled for a very large crowd or occasion. This was one of the last recipes given to me by my friend Marjorie Cottom who died of cancer in the year 2001.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs shredded cabbage
- 1/2 green pepper, shredded
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 celery rib, shredded
- 1/2 white onions or 1/2 red onion, shredded
- 1Shredd and toss all vegetables.
- 2In a saucepot over low heat, place in the ketchup, mustard, vinegar, mayo, sourcream, salt and pepper, (DO NOT ADD SUGAR as that is a last step).
- 3Bring all to a low boil.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Pour warm mixture onto all vegies, and toss well.
- 6Sprinkle the white sugar over top.
- 7Toss again well.
- 8Cover and chill until serving time.
- 9Note that the mustard and cayenne make this tangy and spicy, and give an orange colour apperance.
- 10This is very tasty for a bbq, or large gatherings and I think you will get many compliments on this one.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Just the Best Coleslaw 1999
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.9
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 3.3 mg
- Sodium 572.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 3.5 g