Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Nothing fancy, but it is the bread pudding we have had for many years and we love it.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 cups chunked bread, any kind
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 6 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Melt butter in an ovenproof dish (I use a 1 1/2 quart Corning dish).
- Add raisins and bread pieces (can be cubed pieces or pieces pulled from loaves used in another recipe such as a bread bowl) to the butter and toss.
- Beat together half and half, eggs, sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour over bread mixture, making sure all bread crumbs are covered.
- Bake in 325 degree oven for about 50 minutes (or until silver knife inserted in center comes out clean).