Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 cups candied fruit or 2 cups raisins or 2 cups currants or 2 cups chocolate chips or 2 cups butterscotch chips or 2 cups vanilla chips or 2 cups raspberry chips (whatever you wish.)
- Cream shortening, butter and sugars; add eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add oatmeal, nuts and whatever you like use teaspoon to drop onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes at 350°.
- Do not overbake.
- Remove from the oven while still soft.
These are moist, chewey, and delightful. I left out the nuts and used a cup of white chips and a cup of mixed dried fruit pieces. Thanks for the great recipe!