Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
Another wonderful deli salad from Junior's of Brooklyn, New York. And, as I mentioned before, if you have a weakness for cheesecake, you have to try Junior's (it's the only thing I've ever ordered on-line and had shipped)
Top Review by shanti2
It was one of those days when we didn't know what we wanted to eat. This was just perfect..a step above the same old same old and i usually use a number of other tuna recipes... i will add the red onion next time but we enjoyed this very much!!!
For the Salad
- 4 (6 ounce) cans albacore tuna in water
- 1 cup finely minced celery
For the Dressing
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (such as Hellman's Real Mayonnaise, and NOT the light variety)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the tuna in a colander and drain well. Transfer the tuna to a medium-sized bowl and break it up with your fingers into flakes (please, use your fingers, not a knife, to finely shred the tuna. This gently flakes the tuna, instead of crushing it.) Stir in the celery.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl. Spoon the dressing on top of the tuna and celery mixture. Gently stir in the dressing until all of the salad ingredients are well coated. Use in sandwiches or serve as a salad on crisp lettuce leaves.
- Tightly cover and refrigerate any leftovers.